Summer isn’t over yet! The weather is still gorgeous, and it’s the perfect time to grill. I really love to cook outdoors because it keeps the kitchen cool, and makes clean-up quick. Foods cook fast and are full of natural char-grilled flavor.
Some people get really intimidated by grilling but don’t let fear get the best of you! It’s really simple and easy- especially if you have a gas grill. Get over your fears by following these tips to avoid a sticking situation.
Meat Grilling Tips to Prevent Sticking:
- Don’t Grill Cold Meat- Using meat straight out of the fridge will stick. So let it come to room temperature, covered, while you prep. You’ll need about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat your Grill- Putting meat on a cold grill will cause sticking, and you won’t get those great grill marks, so be patient, and let it get hot! On a gas grill, you usually only need 5-10 minutes with the lid down.
- Clean the Grill- When the grill is hot, clean it thoroughly with a wire grill brush. Those little bits from your last cookout will cause your foods to stick and can give them a burnt flavor. There’s nothing worse than a burger that tastes like a dirty grill!
- No Need for Grease- You usually don’t need to grease a grill, so stay away from the cooking sprays here- they have propellants that can leave the grates sticky.
- Don’t Force It- If you followed these steps and your meats are still sticking, they aren’t ready to be flipped. When foods release easily, then flip.
Try your hand at my simple Skirt Steak Tacos.
This Mexican Grilled Corn is a showstopper!
Make it a complete meal by serving these Spicy Black Beans with Chorizo and a green salad.
- Try the Skinny Chef’s Pomegranate Margarita. It’s the perfect cocktail to cool you down while you cook.