This Almond Cake is my favorite go-to recipe for a simple and quick dessert for any occasion. It has an amazing texture, and all of the great health benefits of almonds including tons of vitamin E, magnesium, protein, and fiber. Also, most of the fat contained in almonds is the good-to-your-heart monounsaturated kind.
This cake is great on its own. But really, it’s just a blank canvas for your own creativity. Experiment with it- go nuts (haha).
You’ll love this Almond Cake so much, you’ll want to kiss me!
- Try replacing the vanilla extract with almond or coconut extract
- Add the zest of a lemon or an orange
- Stir in a ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
Or Try One of These Easy Dessert Sauces:
- Make a Chocolate Sauce: Combine 1 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips with ¾ cup of heavy cream or milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth, and serve.
- Decadent Dulce de Leche: Take one can of sweetened condensed milk and remove the label (the non-fat kind works great here.) Submerge the unopened can in boiling water and cook for 4 hours, adding more water as it evaporates. Let the can cool a bit, then open it and stir the contents- you have the most delicious Dulce de Leche caramel. Do not tell ANYONE how easy it was.
- Simple and Sweet Strawberry Sauce: Chop some strawberries and place them in a saucepan with a couple teaspoons of sugar. Cook down until you have a luscious sauce. Puree and strain it if you want to be fancy.