Makes 12 8-inch crêpes
Buckwheat is a plant that isn’t related to wheat at all, and it’s gluten-free. It’s really high in protein and has a great nutty flavor. These crêpes are versatile and easy and work well with savory and sweet fillings.
1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (try Bob’s Red Mill)
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Your batter should be thin and smooth, like melted ice cream.
2. Lightly spray an 8-inch nonstick pan with cooking spray, then heat over medium-high heat.
3. Pour in a little less than 1/4 cup batter, immediately tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom. Cook the crêpe until set and golden brown on the bottom, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Loosen the edge of the crêpe with a rubber spatula, then flip it over carefully with your fingertips and cook until just set, about 10 seconds more. Swirl the pan to loosen the crêpe, then transfer it to a plate and cover with plastic wrap to keep warm.
5. Make 11 more crêpes in the same manner, then stuff them with your favorite fillings.