Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts in this yummy dish! The combination of Buffalo wings and potato skins makes this the perfect dish to serve at your Superbowl party!
5 small russet potatoes (the potatoes that come bagged rather than loose tend to be smaller)
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 7 ounces)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons hot sauce of your choice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons (1 ounce) crumbled gorgonzola
olive oil cooking spray
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the chicken breast into a small baking dish and add 1 cup of chicken stock. Cover tightly with foil, and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash and quarter the potatoes. Place them skin side down on your cutting board, then use a melon baller or apple-corer to hollow out some of the potato flesh and make room to stuff them. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, skin side down. Spray them lightly with olive oil spray, and season with salt and pepper. Bake about 1/2 an hour or until golden brown, and cooked through. Set aside.
3. Take the chicken out of the oven and remove the foil. Place the chicken on your cutting board for a few minutes to cool.
4. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce the mixture by half, about 3-5 minutes. In a seperate small bowl mix the water and cornstarch to make a slurry. Stir the slurry into the chicken stock to thicken it. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the hot sauce and butter. Stir to melt the butter and combine the ingredients.
5. Using your fingers, shred the chicken breast into small pieces and add them to the hot sauce mixture. Stir to coat the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the shredded chicken mixture into the hollow of each potato skin.
6. In a small bowl mix the cheeses, then sprinkle some cheese onto each potato skin, dividing evenly. Place the potatoes back in the oven to melt the cheeses. Serve immediately.
- Approximate Nutritional Information: Per Serving
Total Fat: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 17 grams