Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies
An extra chocolatey version of my favorite chocolate chip cookies!
1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend (try Bob’s Red Mill)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup gluten-free oats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare greased cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa powder, flax, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add vanilla, water, and egg and combine thoroughly.
4. Fold in the flour mixture, and then add the chocolate chips and oats until just combined.
5. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 11-12 minutes or until the cookies begin to set but are still soft.
6. Remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.