Banana bread is so delicious and moist, thanks to the mashed banana. Be sure to use the most overly ripe bananas you have on hand. They should be almost black. If you prefer a classic banana bread, replace the chocolate chips with more walnuts.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 medium, very ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a standard 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, all-purpose flour, flax, cinnamon, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the bananas, and mix until the bananas are mostly smooth.
4. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla and blend.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, and blend until there are no dry patches. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out with moist crumbs attached.