This rice pudding is so creamy, you’d never know it’s dairy free!
Coconut Almond Rice Pudding
½ cup jasmine rice
1 14 oz. can coconut milk
1 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
¼ cup sugar
½ cup unsweetened coconut
¼ cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium saucepan combine the jasmine rice, coconut milk, and almond milk.
3. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While the rice pudding is cooking, combine the almonds and coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for about, 5 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
5. Add the sugar to the rice pudding and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the pudding has thickened.
6. Serve warm with the toasted coconut and almonds on top.
- Lighter Version:
Save nearly 80 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving just by using light coconut milk!
For an exotic twist add 2 or 3 cardamom pods and a cinnamon stick in with the rice before you begin cooking. Discard them right before serving.