Milk Chocolate Pistachio Bark with Dried Fruit and Vanilla
I love the creamy milk chocolate, vanilla, and pistachio combination. The dried fruit gives this candy a sweet and tart punch of flavor. Perfect!
1 pound of milk chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups roasted pistachios
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
1. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a double boiler, or a bowl set over a saucepan with boiling water, melt the chocolate.
3. Add the vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour the chocolate onto the foil-lined sheet pan. Use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate into a thin layer that covers the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle with the pistachios, cranberries, and chopped cherries, then refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until set.
5. Once the chocolate has hardened, slide the chocolate and the foil off of the sheet pan and onto the counter. Peel away the foil, and break into pieces. Store in a cool place.