Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
A peanut butter cookie stuffed with a peanut butter cup. Yes, please.
30 miniature peanut butter cups
3/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (try Bob’s Red Mill)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease mini muffin tins and unwrap the peanut butter cups. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flours, salt, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
3. Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until well blended. Add peanut butter and water and mix well.
4. Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
5. Press dough into prepared mini muffin tins, and flatten with your fingers, so that the dough is level, and goes about half way up the pan. Bake for 8-10 mins until the cookies are golden, but still soft.
6. Let the cookies cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Let cool, then remove from pan. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.