Orange Ginger Sticky Wings
These wings are packed with flavor and have a gentle kick. Watch the oven carefully, and baste often to prevent burning the sweet and sticky glaze.
2 lb. chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon chili sauce such as Siracha
¼ cup low sodium, gluten-free tamari
½ cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup honey
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place ginger and garlic in the bowl of a mini chopper or food processor. Pulse to chop. Add chili sauce, tamari, orange marmalade and honey and process until smooth.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken wings on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of the marmalade mixture onto the chicken wings.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, then brush with another layer of the marmalade mixture.
6. Repeat every 5 minutes until the chicken wings have a generous golden glaze and are cooked through, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Lighter Version:
Remove the skin on the chicken wings before cooking. You’ll save tons of fat and calories!