Healthy Peppermint Mocha (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This healthy peppermint mocha drink is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. It tastes just like the coffee shop classic, with minimal sugar and calories.
Servings: 1 drink
- 1-2 shots espresso can sub 1-2 oz strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup dairy-free milk silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk froths the best for me
- 1 heaping tsp cocoa powder
- coconut whipped cream and crushed candy canes optional toppings
Brew the espresso into a mug. While waiting, prepare the milk to froth.
Add the maple syrup and peppermint extract to the brewed espresso. Mix with a hand whisk.
When the milk is frothed, pour into the mug, saving the foam. Add the cocoa powder and mix everything together with the hand whisk.
Top with the milk foam and any optional toppings such as coconut whipped cream, crushed candy canes, or a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Enjoy!