Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft and chewy gluten-free banana chocolate chip cookies are the ultimate quick and easy dessert or snack. They come together in just 20 minutes, require no chilling, and are naturally dairy-free and vegan!
Servings: 20 cookies
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed about ⅔ cup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or neutral flavoured oil
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour with xanthan gum I use Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour (blue bag)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. In a large bowl, mash the bananas and whisk together with the oil, sugar, and vanilla extract.
Pour the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into the same bowl. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the dry ingredients together on top, then fold into the liquids to create a smooth dough. It will be fairly thick and sticky. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Prepare 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll a small amount of coconut oil between your hands to avoid sticking. Use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the dough into cookies, then roll between your oiled hands to create a smooth ball. Place on the baking sheet and repeat until you have about 20 cookies. Top the cookies with extra chocolate chips and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies appear dry and lightly coloured. 9 minutes is the sweet spot for me.
Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes until you can handle them. Enjoy warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition facts are an approximation.
- Add ins: Try adding chopped nuts, different chocolate chips, candy bits, or an extract to change up the flavour in these cookies.
- Storage: Cool cookies completely before placing in an airtight container. Cookies will keep at room temperature for 3 days.
- Freezing: Place cooled cookies in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove the lid and place the container on the counter for a few hours. In a pinch, place a cookie in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to enjoy warm.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.4g | Protein: 0.8g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 31.8mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 10.7g | Vitamin A: 0.99IU | Vitamin C: 0.44mg | Calcium: 11.5mg | Iron: 0.3mg