Tropical Bahama Mama Smoothie
This tropical bahama mama smoothie will take you on vacation with the flavours of strawberry, pineapple, and coconut. Enjoy as a refreshing morning smoothie or booze it up with some rum.
Servings: 1 large smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup coconut milk I use the kind in the carton, but full-fat coconut milk from a can would work too.
- 1 tablespoon grenadine for a nice sweetness
- 1 oz light rum
- 1 oz coconut rum
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender with a lid. Start on low speed and increase. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Pour into one large or two smaller glasses. Garnish with fresh strawberry or pineapple wedges if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts include coconut beverage, not full-fat coconut milk. No alcohol. Nutrition facts are an estimation.
- Use Frozen Fruit: This smoothie will have the best texture if all fruit is previously frozen. To freeze bananas, peel them, cut into quarters, and freeze in a large plastic bag. With this method I add 4 banana quarters to one smoothie.
- Add booze. 1 oz light rum and 1 oz coconut rum is my pick for a delicious frozen cocktail!
- Want a smoothie bowl? Reduce both the coconut milk and orange juice to ¼ cup each. Use the tamper of your blender to mix and stir until smooth. Add a small amount more liquid if needed. Blending will take several minutes.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 0.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 945mg | Fiber: 6.8g | Sugar: 82g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 156mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2.2mg